Sunday, October 25, 2009

headshots?

Man i have no idea where to start, im so used to just going in to a shoot and shooting what I want. Just last week I had a chance to shoot for a fellow langara student from the acting part of town and he needed some headshots for his new career. Suffice to say I have no idea what casting directors want and where to start at all. So I boiled it down, what have I learned about how to light for portraiture? What have I learned about how to deal with posing, positioning, framing and exposure? Swipes might help (thanks Catherine :p). I thought from there id be ok, I think it worked out and I think I'll be able to get some good shots from the shoot but repetition is def. key. All this aside there's a little something I like to call pillow talk that helps to have up your sleeve cause these things tend to take a while and making your client comfortable is key. So without a due here's a few shot I shot. I used three speedo's in a simple setup that included one for fill, one for hair and one to create a gradated background.




No comments:

Post a Comment